Kids for Life - Unfortunately there are Pets that should be avoided
Unfortunately there are Pets that should be avoided ….
It is necessary to be aware of pets that professionals consider to be in the high risk category for infecting your child such as:
• Amphibians and reptiles –frogs, toads, tortoises and terrapins, lizards, snakes, geckos, chameleons etc.
• Stray animals, unless and until given a thorough check up by a veterinary surgeon to ensure they are free of illness and disease.
• Any animal with a history of diarrhoea.
• Farm animals including animals at farm visitor centres or petting farms.
• Chicks or ducklings.
• Caution should be exercised when near any wild animals such as rabbits, rodents, hedgehogs and the like.
• Contact should be avoided with any animals that can be found in a safari park or zoo.
• All birds – canaries, chickens, pigeons, budgerigars, parrots etc.